John Terry confirmed as Chelsea captain

Updates on the English Premier League Plus News, Comments, Discussion and Posts on clubs, players and general news on the Premier League.
admin
Site Admin

John Terry confirmed as Chelsea captain

Postby admin » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Chelsea's new manager new manager Antonio Conte has confirmed that John Terry will be the team captain for the 2016-2017 English Premier League season.

John Terry signed a one-year extension to his Chelsea contract in May and has made over 700 appearances for the Club. Terry is Chelsea's most successful captain, having led them to four Premier League titles, four FA Cups, three League Cups and one UEFA Champions League title since 2004. He is the club's all-time highest scoring defender and in 2007 became the first captain to lift the FA Cup at the new Wembley Stadium in Chelsea's 1–0 win over Manchester United.

The Chelsea Manager said “John Terry is captain of this team. He is a great player with a great personality and charisma. He knows the club. We take all decisions together with the club and I am very happy John signed” and added

“Every manager has his own idea of football and I want to transfer my ideas to the players. I have great passion for football, for my team and my work”.

Antonio Conte replaced interim manager Guus Hiddink at the helm of Chelsea.

Return to “English Premier League”