Usain Bolt set to lead the line for Central Coast Mariners

The latest news and information on the Australian A-League competitiion
admin
Site Admin

Usain Bolt set to lead the line for Central Coast Mariners

Postby admin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Usain Bolt is potentially set to lead the line for Central Coast Mariners in Friday’s friendly against Macarthur South West United.

And according to the Jamaican, his performance in the match could prove decisive in the outcome of his indefinite trial.

It comes after Mulvey told media yesterday the 32-year-old was a ‘good chance’ to start the match in Campbelltown.

“He said he wants to play me up top,” Bolt told the Central Coast Mariners' official website.

“There’s a few first team boys in the team for Friday so I’ll get a lot of service because they’re more seasoned and more mature.

“He [Mulvey] just told me to make sure I’m focused and push myself and take the chances when I get them.
Usain Bolt

Bolt played a late cameo against a Central Coast Select outfit in August and was handed a 45-minute run out in a behind-closed-doors friendly against North Shore Mariners in September.

With the Hyundai A-League commencing in little over a week’s time, Bolt says his trial period with the Mariners is reaching a make or break stage.

“This is going to be a big game. I think it will determine if the club makes up its mind on what to do with my career,” he said.

“So, for me, it’s a very important game. I’m excited and looking forward to proving myself.”

Both Central Coast Mariners and Macarthur South West United will be competing for the ‘Shake It Up Cup’ initiative that will raise awareness for the Shake It Up Australia Foundation.

Shake It Up Australia is a not-for-profit organisation established in partnership with The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) that promotes and funds Parkinson’s disease research in Australia aimed at better treatments and ultimately a cure.

Return to “A-League”