Iniesta to China rumours scotched as Barcelona exit talk rumbles on

News Views and Player Updates from the UEFA Champions League in Europe
admin
Site Admin

Iniesta to China rumours scotched as Barcelona exit talk rumbles on

Postby admin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Chinese Super League club Tianjin Quanjian have denied they are readying a move for Barcelona great Andres Iniesta.

Spain midfielder Iniesta agreed a "lifetime " contract at Barca earlier this season but was linked with a switch to China last week.

Reports suggested CSL outfit Quanjian would pay Iniesta €35million annually and buy a sizable number of bottles from the 33-year-old's winery to seal the deal.

But the club have issued a statement distancing themselves from the move, with new regulations introduced by the Chinese Football Association having largely curbed lavish spending during the most recent transfer window.

"Since March 6, 2018, several local media have quoted foreign reports that Spanish player Andres Iniesta is about to join our club," the statement read.

"We hereby solemnly announce that those reports are untrue. With regard to all the false stories about us, our club reserve the right to take legal action."

Iniesta's primary focus this week is Barcelona's Champions League showdown against Chelsea on Wednesday and he completed a portion of Monday's training session with his team-mates having missed Saturday's win at Malaga with a hamstring injury.

Ernesto Valverde's side welcome the reigning Premier League champions to Camp Nou with the last-16 tie all square at 1-1.

lucas123

Re: Iniesta to China rumours scotched as Barcelona exit talk rumbles on

Postby lucas123 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique took part in Friday's instituional goodbye to Andres Iniesta at Camp Nou.

Curiously, he asked Iniesta for permission before revealing a conversation they had on April 9, the day before Barça were beaten by Roma and knocked out of the Champions League.

"[Iniesta] told me, 'if there's no debacle tomorrow, I will reveal my future after the game...' We all know what then happened in Roma," Pique said.

"It hit me at that moment because I thought we would have him with us for more time. But it's his decision and we have to respect it.

foot2018

Re: Iniesta to China rumours scotched as Barcelona exit talk rumbles on

Postby foot2018 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:45 am

Iniesta’s exit means he will be ending a 22-year association with the club. Speaking at the press conference he said: “This is my last season here (On Apr 27, 2018).
From Qatar and to Australia, through China, the United States and England, Iniesta had a choice, although in the possibility of continuing in Europe, he discarded it in first person from the very beginning.

Andrés Iniesta has been presented in Japan as a new player of Vissel Kobe.

Return to “UEFA Champions League”